An unfinished pottery mug.

Marshallville School Outhouse

Built: c. 1904. Original Building Name: Mechanics Hall Outhouse. Original Location: Palermo, Upper Township

This double-sided outhouse features separate sections for men and women.  It is a rare example of a “public” outhouse and was moved to the Village in 1993.  Several 19th century examples of outhouses behind private homes still exist in Cape May County.