Built: c. 1830. Original Building Name: David Taylor Shop. Earliest Known Location: Dennisville
Learn about the art and importance of traditional basketweaving on the shady porch, with benches for respite.
This small shop’s original location and shopkeeper are unknown. From 1859 until 1899 it served as the shop of David Taylor, a shoemaker who lived in Dennis Township, just west of Dennisville on Route 47 (Delsea Drive). In the 1930s, the shop was moved to David Taylor’s son’s farm in Lower Township where it was used as a tack house. The shop was acquired by the Village in 1976 from Taylor’s descendents and recently underwent major renovation in 2010.